Thank you for being patient and supportive. This year our conference will gather over one hundred food researchers and enthusiasts from twenty-two countries and regions including Thailand, China, Japan, Korea, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Singapore, Cambodia, Philippines, Myanmar, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, as well as Hong Kong, Taiwan, Hawaii. There are four keynote speakers and six invited speakers, forty-nine selected for oral presentations in nine panel sessions, plus two for poster presentations. Due to limited time and budget, not every panel gets interpretation service, but all have zoom webinar for online participants. We can’t wait to be educated by our phenomenal scholars and communications with them. It is an opportunity to broad our vision on herbs and spices, especially from multi-ethnic groups in Southeast Asia. Hope this conference can help with a good connection and a little progress for whom studied on food and enthusiastic on the meaningful practice of it. We are looking forward to meeting you soon.
- Herbs and Spices -
Traditional Asian Foods and Foodways in Modern Society
August 17-18 2023 (Thursday, Friday, Bangkok time)
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel (online via Zoom webinar)
Address: 2 Charoen Krung Road Soi 30, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Institute of Thai Studies, Chulalongkorn University
Committee of Asian Food Study Conference
International Research Center for Gastronomic Science of Ritsumeikan University
Zhejiang Merchant Institute of Zhejiang Gongshang University
Chinese Food Culture Institute of Zhejiang Gongshang University
President: ZHAO Rongguang
Rotating President: Ritirong Jiwakanon
Committee Director: ASAKURA Toshio
Committee Member: Pram Sounsamut, Seubpong Changboonchu
WANG Si, LI Na, LIU Zhengyu, LI Jiansheng, SU Xianhua
1. Deadline for the full text (manuscript and PPT) is Friday August 4th (required for simultaneous interpretation, please do not overdue).
2. Deadline for registration and payment is Tuesday August 15th (for online non-student delegates).
3. Wednesday August 16th is check-in date and 3:00-5:00pm for Zoom Webinar Testing.
4. Conference dates are Thursday & Friday August 17th &18th.
※Time schedule is based on JST (UTC +7).
Payment link for online non-student participants:
Participant In China→ Please review the Chinese version.
Participant out of China→ https://asianfoodstudy2023.peatix.com/
*For those to Bangkok venue, please manage your visa, round-trip tickets and hotel. Reception Dinner at 17th and 18th are for invited guests only, the participant will have to pay to join the dinner.
·PANELS AND PRESENTATIONS·
1. Please read the attached tentative program for detail. Correct us if there is anything inappropriate or inaccurate.
2. The Thai Institute of Chulalongkorn University is in charge of the Invited Speeches and Panel Session B1-B3. In there, each one has 20 minutes for a presentation. Panel A1-A5&B4 is in charged by Chinese Food Culture Institute of Zhejiang Gongshang University and International Research Center for Gastronomic Science of Ritsumeikan University, every presentation has to finish in 15 minutes, plus 15 minutes Q&A for the group when all are done.
3. All participants need to bring their own phone or laptop with earphones for zoom webinar. Use it as a translator receiver when you at the general session and Panel A1-A5. Another room for Panel B1-B4 is for English only.
4. Please understand our work for livestreaming and English-Mandarin-Japanese Interpretation is complicated, that we are trying to improve your experience which needs you to submit your script and PowerPoint slides before August 4th (Friday). The committee and translators are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your submission.